I received this in e-mail from a reader and wanted to post it so you could evaluate it. I’m thinking you will come to the same conclusions I did after you read it.
This was taken from a flyer distributed by a hypercharismatic church in New Jersey. Before you read it, I’m going to give you my impression. Witchcraft, nonsense, and … well, that pretty much sums it up.
Staking (Redeeming the Land)
1. To prepare yourself before staking, repent of all the sin in your life. Forgive everyone.
2. Forbid the retaliation of any wicked spirit against you in Jesus’ (Yahshua’s) name.
3. Set the stake in the ground. Do not drive it in yet.
4. Hold communion – impart healing, strength and health to the ground and the people.
a. Eat half the bread – crumble the rest around the stake. Confess the sins of the land such as murder, idolatry, witchcraft, etc. Then speak: “To the ground which has lost its strength through the curse, I break barrenness and all curses from the fall; and from people who formerly occupied the land and who currently live here. I command this land to yield strength for every Godly purpose. I declare that Jesus bore stripes, nails and thorns for the healing of this land and its inhabitants. I pray for repentance, revival reconciliation and restoration.”
b. Drink half the wine – pour out the rest on the stake. “In faith, I pour the wine of the covenant table on the ground as a statement and a witness that the blood of Jesus was shed to break the curse and release the land from all demonic activity. I break and cancel all blood covenants made on this land and cleanse the land by the blood of the perfect Lamb of God. Blood is required for blood. I plead the blood of Jesus (Yahshua the Messiah) over this land. I grant redemption or this land according to Leviticus 25:24. I declare before Heaven and Earth that the stake, as I drive it, reestablishes God’s authority and permanently cancels all former wicked assignments. Satan, the blood of Jesus is against you. Every right you have established ownership through sin is hereby cancelled and obliterated. I take back and redeem the land for the glory of the LORD of Hosts and the advancement of His kingdom here on earth.”
5. Pour salt on the land as sign of a covenant between you and God. Prophesy saltiness to the Church. (2 Chronicles 13:5; Numbers 8:19; Matthew 5:13)
6. Anoint the stake or ground with oil and dedicate the land to God. Prophesy life and blessing to the ground as the Holy Spirit leads.
7. Drive the stake completely in the ground as far below the surface as possible. (You may need a sledge hammer.)
8. If the stake shatters, it is not a problem. Simply gather the pieces and bury them with the stake.
Scriptures on the Stake to Redeem the Land
Revival – Ezra 9:8; Psalm 85:6; Hosea 6:2
Reconciliation – Judges 4:21; Psalm 115:16; Matthew 18:18
Repentance – Matthew 3:2; Acts 2:38; Revelation 3:19
Restoration – Isaiah 43:1; Isaiah 54:5; Joel 2:25
(Note: Your stake has been anointed and prayed over before shipment).